[Balug-admin] Re: Balug helper

Michael Paoli mp@rawbw.com
Tue Jul 26 20:07:02 PDT 2005

Unfortunately I can't say that there are presenters/speakers that I
particularly know and am aware of that would likely make for a reasonably
pertinent and good presentation, nor to I have lots of time to try and
scare any up (okay, so I got someone I know to do an LVM presentation, but
other than that ... well, maybe with some arm twisting could get the same
person to do a good presentation on introduction to shell programming - but
as we had something like that some months back ... and same presenter a
couple months back - perhaps save that for at least a few months or more
down the road).

Anyway, there was mention, I think to the list, about
"speaker's bureau" - I think that perhaps SVLUG coordinates, or at least
is aware of.  Anyway, maybe if we can drum up some volunteer(s) with
a bit of time/energy, perhaps they could work some of the various
resources to come up with speakers for BALUG.

Also, perhaps we can get a volunteer to do at least a trace of publicity
for BALUG, ... most notably getting out at least a notice or two a month
to the BALUG announce list - if we have speaker/presentation lined up, they
could get announcement out fairly early, and also pass the information on
to other user groups and such, and also send out a fairly timely "reminder"
notice perhaps roughly about 5 or 6 calendar days ahead of the regular
meetings, reminding folks about the speaker (if we have one), and in any
case about the meeting in general (if there's no formal speaker or such,
they could highlight some of the typical interesting discussions that
happen at the BALUG meetings even without any formal presentation).