[Balug-admin] How many were at tonight's meeting and each table?; & screen(1)

Michael Paoli mp@rawbw.com
Tue Oct 18 23:59:31 PDT 2005

A) How many were at tonight's BALUG meeting and each table?
Okay, who recalls how many folks we had in total or at either particular
table at tonight's BALUG meeting?  If you know, or are fairly certain you
know, please just drop me a note how confident you are of your count(s),
and mention if it's for corner table, adjacent table or total, for any
count(s) provided.  Thanks.  I hope to throw some fairly useful statistics
together on meeting and feedback (similar to what I did for the 2005-05-17
meeting data, e.g.:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2005-May/000032.html
)
(I have a rough count from memory, but didn't do an explicit count, so I
might possibly be missing one to three bodies/faces from the total).
When I've gotten chance to go over and process data from the feedback forms
and have count data (or best approximation readily available), I'll get that
posted to the "admin" <balug-admin@lists.balug.org> list, similar to before.
Note that the "admin" list is publicly archived, so anyone can read messages
there without need or bother to subscribe (as that list may also have lots of
administrivia details that typically wouldn't generally be of interest to most
folks).

B) screen(1), from an older comment:
"You could have used screen to have all your terminals in one window"
Probably should have originally gone to the "talk"
<balug-talk@lists.balug.org> list, but on one of the 2005-05-17 feedback forms,
one of the included comments was:
"You could have used screen to have all your terminals in one window"
Anyway, I should have probably answered that on the "talk" list, but did
cover it on:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2005-May/000032.html
just scroll/search forward to the 2nd occurrence of the string "screen" on
that, and I address why I didn't use screen(1) at least for that particular
presentation (and since the "admin" archive is now publicly archived, one
can go straight to that URL to access that posting, without needing to be
subscribed to that list).