[Balug-admin] [Balug-talk] Free and/or cheap hosting for non-profits/user groups? ... and good?

Bill Ward bill@wards.net
Tue Oct 18 23:37:15 PDT 2005

On 10/18/05, Michael Paoli <mp@rawbw.com> wrote:
> Anyway, topic was brought up about free and/or cheap (and good) hosting
> and/or alternatives thereof (e.g. balug web site / host and/or other
> potentially interested organizations and/or groups).
>
> Anyway, I ran across this some weeks/months back.
>
> I don't know how good it is or may be or if it's good, but certainly
> at least on the surface it would sound and appear quite good.
> Anyway, this might be a possibility, ... there certainly may be others and/or
> similar opportunities (if I recall correctly, I think I may have noticed
> this and tracked it down from some bay area user group being hosted there,
> and then managed to peek at the site a bit and bookmark it).
>
> references:
> California Community Colocatoin Project (CCCP)
> Free Colocation For Individuals & Non-Profits!
> http://communitycolo.net/

I'm one of a group of people who runs a system that is hosted by CCCP
and have no complaints.  While it is free hosting, it would be good to
donate around $50 per month per box to the cause.  We have several
domains hosted on our box, each of which contributes a little bit each
month, so it's no biggie.  PenLUG is hosted there, along with a few
other org's I am involved with.

--
Help save the San Jose Earthquakes - http://www.soccersiliconvalley.com/