[balug-admin] (forw) [svlug-announce] Picn*x 15 Announcement

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 4 12:41:38 PDT 2006

Question 1:  Is there any reason we would _not_ want BALUG to be
added to the list of "participating organisations" along with other
Bay Area LUGs?   If, as I hope, there isn't, I'll be adding BALUG to
the growing list on http://www.linuxpicnic.org/ .

(If you're not familiar with the Linux Picnic aka "Picnix", it's a
social gathering and free BBQ feed put on every year on the approximate
anniversary of Linux's founding, at a park in Sunnyvale.)

Question 2:  Assuming we're participating, could someone add one of the
Linux Picnic logos to our front page?  Thanks.

http://www.linuxpicnic.org/twiki/bin/view/Picnix15/LinkToPicnx

----- Forwarded message from John Delaney <goldhind@ix.netcom.com> -----

From: John Delaney <goldhind@ix.netcom.com>
To: svlug-announce@lists.svlug.org
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:44:37 -0700
Subject: [svlug-announce] Picn*x 15 Announcement

Picn*x 15 Announcement

The Picn*x 15 Committee cordially invites all the friends of open source software to a picnic to be held Saturday August 19, 2006 from 11AM - 5PM at Sunnyvale's Baylands Park.  This years theme celebrates the tremendous progress made by the open source community over the last fifteen years, including, but not limited to, FreeBSD, GNU, Apache, MySQL, PERL, Python, PHP, OpenOffice, GIMP, and of course Linux.  There are over 70,000 open source projects. We truly live in a new world.

August 19 is the Saturday following the LinuxWorld Conference and Expo in San Francisco.   The Picn*x 15 Committee encourages Conference attendees to stay over for the picnic.  A large out-of-town turnout is expected since this year's Expo celebrates the 15th anniversary of Linux.  Early registration is advised.

For your inner geek, the picnic has activities like installing and troubleshooting software on your laptop, experimenting with wireless communication, and visits to local hardware stores.  For your inner child there is acoustic music, Frisbee, soccer, bocce ball, softball, volleyball and juggling.

Participating organizations include: BayLISA, The Bay Area Large Installation System Administrators; The Linux User Group of Davis; The South Bay Community Network; The Silicon Valley Linux User Group; and The Silicon Valley Wireless Users and Experimenters.

The picnic is free to attendees, but reservations are required.  Many thanks to our sponsors, including Mirapoint, Raw Bandwidth, BayLISA, and Splunk.
See http://www.linuxpicnic.org for additional information.

Picn*x 15 Committee