[balug-admin] Debian@BALUG, announcement "soon", etc.

Don Armstrong don@donarmstrong.com
Wed Aug 9 17:22:21 PDT 2006

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006, Michael Paoli wrote:
> Fair bit to get out on the announcement, and a bit
> (title/description for talk/presentation for the Aug. meeting) which
> is sitll getting a bit more solidified before the annoucement goes
> out.

Debian: Why? How? What next?

Why you should consider using Debian, some tips on how to actually use
Debian, with a look into how Debian actually got where it is and where
Debian is going in the future, both for Etch, and beyond.

[If you need a bio for me:

Don Armstrong is a Debian Developer who is active in end user support,
package maintenance, legal issues affecting Free Software, and works
on the Debian Bug Tracking System. He is also a graduate student at
the University of California, Riverside in the Cell, Molecular and
Developmental Biology program, where he uses Debian in his research.

]

NB: As far as contacting Seth Schoenberg, he'd be an ideal person to
have talk about DRM and TPM; he's also relatively well versed on the
impact of these aspects on GPLv3. (If you're interested, you can see a
talk I gave on that subject as well here:
http://meetings-archive.debian.net/pub/debian-meetings/2006/debconf6/theora-small/2006-05-16/tower/GPLv3_and_Debian-Don_Armstrong.ogg
)

Don Armstrong

--
"People selling drug paraphernalia ... are as much a part of drug
trafficking as silencers are a part of criminal homicide."