[balug-admin] Debian@BALUG, announcement "soon", etc.

Larry Platzek larryp@inow.com
Wed Aug 9 09:56:45 PDT 2006

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006, Michael Paoli wrote:

> Date: Wed,  9 Aug 2006 09:24:35 -0700
> From: Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
> To: balug-admin@lists.balug.org
> Cc: Ann E. Worley <Ann@annaction.com>, Larry Platzek <larryp@inow.com>,
>     Dick Verna <rverna01@gmail.com>, Don Armstrong <don@donarmstrong.com>
> Subject: Debian@BALUG, announcement "soon", etc.
>
> I'll probably draft item for the BALUG "announce" list roughly fairly to quite
> late today, with aim to get out "final" version on the "announce" list
> not later than sometime Thursday.
>
> Fair bit to get out on the announcement, and a bit (title/description
> for talk/presentation for the Aug. meeting) which is sitll getting a bit
> more solidified before the annoucement goes out.
>
> Anyway, I'll probably include these things in the announcement - let
> me know if there's other stuff/areas I should add:
>
> BALUG Aug. meeting details
>
> LinuxWorld (some details about free expo. registration available and
> such, perhaps a wee bit about some "exhibitor(s)" and/or BoFs (probably
> mostly terse reference and link to more details) ... there was BoF that
> was mentioned earlier - I'll probably include short coverage of that.
> If it's Wed., there's no conflict with BALUG, but Tu. BoFs have an issue
> with timing (BALUG starts at 7:00 P.M., which is when BoFs are scheduled
> to end on Tu., and it takes more than zero time to get between the two).
> Anyway, I'll be sure to point out that folks going to any Tu. BoF that want
> to make the BALUG meeting should "escape" their BoF around 6:40 P.M. to
> make it to BALUG on time (BoFs are sufficiently informal, it's not difficult
> for people to duck out early if they need or want to ... folks sometimes also
> hop among BoFs).
>
> BALUG Sept. and Oct. meeting dates, and details for talk/presentation
> at the Oct. meeting (I believe Sept. is still open/unconfirmed - any changes
> to that yet?)

Michael, looks like you have things under control, I have no one being
lined up as a speaker already gave my suggest of Seth Schoen as a speaker.
Some one will have to contact him and see if he is available.

I think have a lead will locate and send on to you, had sent to Dick but
no response yet from him.

Larry Platzek  larryp@inow.com