[Balug-admin] Ugh! ... the announce list is NOT FOR JOB POSTINGS!!!

Mon Jun 12 20:44:02 PDT 2006

Ugh! ... the announce list is NOT FOR JOB POSTINGS!!!

This is the kind of stuff that makes me (and others) want to unsubscribe.
It's *not* what the "announce" list is for, nor is is what most would
want or expect it to be for.  The list is supposed to be *low volume*
(e.g. one to a few mailings per month) and on-topic (rather to highly
relevant to BALUG).  E.g., when folks sign up for a list, expecting it
to be more-or-less one thing, and find it's quite something else, they tend
to unsubscribe (e.g. when a PICNIX *announce* list got subverted/diverted
into an sbay.org flamewar/argument/gripe list, I quickly unsubscribed).

Job announcements aren't suitable for the balug-announce list - keep 'em
off there!

Only the "talk" list *may* be considered *possibly* appropriate for such.