[Balug-admin] Ugh! ... the announce list is NOT FOR JOB POSTINGS!!!

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 12 23:12:49 PDT 2006

I wrote:
> Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):
>
> > Ugh! ... the announce list is NOT FOR JOB POSTINGS!!!
>
> Because it's by nature supposed to be low-traffic, I'd _strongly_
> suggest that the only way it can work is if the moderation flag gets set
> for everyone except a small set of people trusted to post only genuinely
> on-topic announcements.  (Other people could still post, but their
> postings would be held for admin attention.)

As noted separately (but I want to be clear in correcting my error),
this is already the case.

Those recent jobs postings on the announce list obviously were approved
by a listadmin, probably Larry Platzek -- who has been doing essentially
all the work of keeping the lists going, per my understanding.

I tend to defer to the people who get the work done, all other things being
equal.  ;->  (It's not the policy I'd personally choose, though.)