[balug-admin] Jobs postings have moved to balug-talk

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Jun 14 14:32:17 PDT 2006

Exactly as I predicted, the jobs postings moved from one list to the
other.  At least that gets them off balug-announce -- but that leaves
the question of whether we're OK with them landing on balug-talk.
(My personal opinion is "No" -- and that, instead, we should have
a Web page listing suggested places for job-seekers.)

The default of no action will equate to "It's fine."  FYI.

----- Forwarded message from Blair Mandell <bmandell@availigent.com> -----

From: Blair Mandell <bmandell@availigent.com>
To: balug-talk@lists.balug.org
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2006 14:23:27 -0700
Subject: [balug-talk] Linux Kernel Engineer (Checkpointing) Fulltime
	position in San Jose - Direct Hire

Availigent is the leading provider of affordable, transparent and
automatic high availability for Linux-based enterprise applications,
giving companies peace of mind during planned and unplanned downtimes.

We are specifically looking for a Linux Kernel S/W Developer to design,
develop and maintain Availigent's Checkpointer, a kernel level
technology that keeps track of the application's state. You will be
responsible for architecture, design, implementation, code review,
documentation and testing.

This is a full time position w/benefits in San Jose, CA.

Send a resume to:
Blair
Availigent
Email: bmandell AT availigent.com

Responsibilities:
* Design, develop and maintain Availigent's Checkpointer, a kernel level
technology that keeps track of the application's state.
* Architecture, design, implementation, code review, documentation and
testing.
* Working as a member of the engineering team.

Skills/Experience:
* Experience in C programming
* Expertise in distributed, multi-process, and multi-threaded
programming in a Linux environment.
* Experience in high-availability and fault-tolerance technologies, such
as checkpointing, fault detection and recovery, and event notification
is highly desirable.
* A track record of designing, developing and releasing quality
commercial enterprise software on time and to specification.
* Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills.

If you are interested send your resume to me at:
bmandell@availigent.com

Other openings: http://www.availigent.com/company_jobs.shtml