[balug-admin] requirements and resources - have a single page with all pertinent info

Sat Nov 18 12:24:26 PST 2006

Ah, good point(s).

Perhaps it was merely implied, or otherwise not sufficiently clear,
but in any case, the ceiling mounted projectors are there (there's only
one* that we ever use), likewise for screen(s), and the equipment that
allows us to plug in an RCA connector composite video cable.
What's not there is the converter from DE-15F (VGA/SVGA) to RCA connector
composite NTSC video - but Dick has and owns that, and he's almost always
there and brings it.  Extension cords are also notably absent in general,
but as long as power is only needed on the stage relatively close to the
other video equipment there, that tends to not be an issue.

If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll probably eventually get those items
a bit more clarified on that wiki page.

I also have in mind to add a little bit more about speakers/presenters
supplying us varous shorter and longer text blurbs, for use on web page(s),
announcement(s), etc.

Unfortulately the wiki footnote feature doesn't work worth beans - they end
up creating anchors not to items on that page, but to the main
BALUG web page ... otherwise I might also use those, so that we could
give folks linked URLs to go to a specific area/item on the page.  We could
split it up into multiple pages, but I think it's probably better to have
all that related stuff likely to be of interest/concern to
speakers/presenters (and potential speakers/presenters) all together on
one single page, rather than having to navigate about and/or
snag/copy/read/etc. from a bunch of separate pages.

Perhaps at some point, I (or someone) might want to add a high-level
summary of the various information, up towards the top ... as the page
as a whole is a lot of text to read ... but it does include lots of
detail, ... probably all, or most all of which is likely to be
relevant and at least of potential question/concern to
speakers/presenters ... so I'd be rather disinclined to remove much
of anything from the page.  Such a high level summary might point
out in each main point, various areas further below to read for more
details of note (e.g. "High level summary" ... "see also sections mentioned
further below for various details of note" "Video Projection - you get us DE-15
F VGA/SVGA output at some reasonable resolution, and we'll get about 640x480 of
that projected onto screen with TV (NTSC) quality resolution - see also "Video
Projection" under "Room and facilities for talk/presentation".).  If the
wiki footnotes "feature" actually worked, we could link to that more detailed
reference on the page, ... "oh well".

*well, not sure about historically back through our peak attendance
meeting of nearly 400, but we've only used one in more recent years.

Quoting jim stockford: