[Balug-Admin] how to get BALUG promo material to LW E?

Sun Aug 5 19:07:38 PDT 2007

I'm finishing up a bit of Bay Area Debian (BAD) materials,
but after that I'll probably do something at least somewhat similar
for BALUG.

If someone wants to jump in on doing materials (or volunteering to print,
photocopy, and cut) feel free to let me/us know (can also give me
a ring at 1-510-883-0772 (home/msg.).  I've got some graphics that'll get
used to tie in with the fortune cookie thingy (some of which will go up
on the BALUG web site soon, ... before the Expo opens on Tuesday, anyway).

Anyway, basic plan for BALUG (and similar for the BAD stuff I'm doing),
finish up preparation of the materials (short of photocopying, cutting, and
perhaps printing) before tomorrow morning, then print them out (if not
already printed), and use those as "masters", photocopy them,
and then slice 'em up into 1/4 sheets.

For LinuxWorld Expo, I may not make it there quite as soon as the Expo
opens on Tuesday, but I expect to make my first visit to the Expo on
Tuesday not long after it opens.  I'd drop them off then (and likewise the
BAD stuff).  For the BALUG stuff, I'd probably also write up an "instruction"
sheet for the booth attendee(s) (might not always have a BALUG person there,
but hopefully have someone from some LUG(s) there at any given time).
Instruction sheet might be most handy in handling of fortune cookies - we
probably want to avoid someone just dumping 'em all at the front of the
table and having 'em all gone within the first hour or two.  Probably best
to hold them back a bit, and "ration them" per day/hour, ... so they can
be slowly given out throughout the show (and so folks don't horde 'em or
grab big bunches of 'em).  Between BALUG and GroundWork OpenSource,
not sure precisely what the plan is as far as what percentage of cookies
get distributed from what booth, ... that might also depend on the
shared LUG booth staffing (and timing).

Did we or anyone ever put up a wiki page to coordinate the shared LUG
booth "staffing" ... or (Jim? or someone else?) is that being coordinated
via e-mail or other means?