[Balug-Admin] Announce "No Dec Meeting?"; etc.

Mon Dec 10 12:56:04 PST 2007

Sounds like a good basic plan.

I was thinking, for the Dec. announce of ESR for Jan., and Dec. "no meeting"
announce, perhaps I/we (at least to the BALUG announce list) do two
messages - one covering each, in very quick (back-to-back) succession.
Folks would be more likely to notice/catch each of the particular
parts of note (ESR in Jan., and no Dec. meeting) with them being two
separate e-mails.  That would also about exhaust our quota of e-mail sends
to "announce" for the month ... but that should be fine, as we shouldn't
have anything else to send out until next year (say, Jan. 2nd).

For other (non-BALUG) lists/forums, though, should probably be one combined
message in Dec (mostly promoting ESR in Jan; no Dec. BALUG meeting is
mostly just a "footnote" and not too exiting for folks to read on
non-BALUG lists).

Also, for better impact on the BALUG lists, I'd like to make the changes
I mentioned earlier about list policy tweaks - most notably automagic
subscription to "announce" for those on "talk" or "admin" lists (unless
they send an e-mail to "opt out" for automagic addition to "announce").

The mention of those changes can go out on "talk" and "admin" lists,
for "announce" it can just be a small footnote (probably tagged onto
the "no Dec." meeting e-mailing) ... and that tweak to list policy needn't
(and probably shouldn't) be sent out to non-BALUG lists.