[Balug-Admin] Announce "No Dec Meeting?"

Andrew Fife afife@untangle.com
Tue Dec 4 16:15:19 PST 2007

Michael:

Good input.

How does this modified plan sound for Balug Talk & Announce lists:

1)Announce January meeting with ESR 3 times
2)Use the first announcement to also mention in a side note that there is
no Dec meeting...
3)People that RSVP will get an extra final reminder

Schedule of announcements would look something like this:

Week of Dec 9th-15th - First announcement w/ no Dec meeting reminder
Week of Jan 6th-12th - Second announcement
Jan 14th - 3rd announcement
Jan 15th - Reminder to RSVPs only

I like the plan above for the following reasons:

1)Hopefully it will bring BALUG folks out of the woodwork who haven't
turned up in a while
2)Reminder to RSVPs will mean we lose far fewer of those who respond to
the first announcement in December
3)In retrospect I'm much more concerned about driving attendance in
January than I am about announcing "no meeting" for December

-Andrew

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
download.untangle.com