[Balug-Admin] RSVPs for Jan BALUG Meeting

Andrew Fife afife@untangle.com
Wed Dec 26 13:48:21 PST 2007

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that we've already gotten 18 RSVPs
for the BALUG meeting in January.  I expect a few more RSVPs to trickle in
over the next couple of days from the mailings that I did on 12/24.  As a
marketing guy, I'm a bit embarrassed that I picked such a bad day to blast
the mailings, but life got in the way of it happening any earlier.

Additional promotions include...

1)Forums (already posted to gentoo, ubuntu & linuxquestions.org... more on
the way)

2)ESR blog mention?  ...a long shot, but there is no harm in asking

3)2nd Email blast in January (planning to be a bit smarter about timing
and targeting Tuesday, January 8th)

4)Flyers to be put up at SF city college (by Andrey) and Stanford (by me)

None of the RSVPs are from BALUG regulars, so I'm optimistic that we are
going to draw a big enough crowd (40+) for the Four Seas Restaurant to let
us eat buffet style upstairs.  Personally, I think 50 is a realistic
number and I'm hoping for closer to 100.

I'll contact the Four Seas over the next couple of days and request that
they let us sit upstairs and eat buffet style.

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
download.untangle.com

650.425.3327 (O)