[Balug-admin] BALUG - fortune cookies, helping BALUG, etc.

Thu Jul 19 06:17:09 PDT 2007

Andrew,

I didn't manage to comb through and find all or most all of the
relevant URLs of information to check out, but here are at least
several key ones:
website transitions & status, etc. (almost current information,
also includes mention of some items we could use a bit more
volunteers/resources on):
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2007-June/000373.html
BALUG speaker coordination wiki page:
http://www.sf-lug.com/wiki/doku.php?id=balug_speaker_coordination
BALUG web site:
http://www.balug.org/
BALUG lists:
http://www.balug.org/#Lists
fortune cookie background:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2007-July/000375.html
and fortune cookie update:
http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2007-July/000385.html
There's been lots of discussion about a (combined) LUG booth at LWE,
much of that discussion - at least what I've seen - has happened on
the SF-LUG list (mostly with subjects containing "LWE", "Linux World"
or "LinuxWorld"):
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2007q2/date.html
http://linuxmafia.com/pipermail/sf-lug/2007q3/date.html
SF-LUG is a separate LUG, here are their websites:
http://www.sf-lug.org/
http://www.sf-lug.com/
Bay Area Debian (BAD) (http://bad.debian.net/) will be
represented (at least a bit) at LinuxWorld at the Debian booth.
There may be quite a number of LUGs represented at the
combined LUG booth at LWE.
new.balug.org (to become www.balug.org) is on the same box as
sf-lug.com
The old BALUG web page (rather dysfunctional and mostly stripped of all
the URLs (mostly commented out) that got broken through prior transitions)
is still accessible as:
http://www.balug.org/index.php