[Balug-Admin] [DRAFT] BALUG 2007-11-20: James Burgett,"ACCRC+Linux: Keeping computers out of Landfills"; etc.

Andrew Fife afife@untangle.com
Tue Nov 6 14:40:06 PST 2007

Jesse, etc.:

>> BALUG is lively gathering of Linux users & free software enthusiasts
that
>> combines great food, community & intimate access to featured speakers.
>>We

>How about "great food, community, and interesting speakers"?  I really
>don't like the image of having "intimate access" to a fat bearded Unix
>geek.

I'm definitely open to your suggestion of a rephrasing, but I do think one
of the really neat things about BALUG is that everyone has the chance to
eat dinner and really spend quality time with the speaker.  For example,
how cool is that in January 9 people are going to get to eat dinner with
Eric S. Raymond?  These guys give a lot of speeches, but where else do you
get to hang out with them for an hour?  IMHO, it's a unique value and
something we should actively promote.

In fact, on a side note, I propose that for our more famous speakers next
year, we reserve 5, 6, 7, 8, or maybe even all 9, seats at their dinner
table and raffle them off to people that RSVP.

-Andrew

Andrew Fife
Untangle - Open Source Security Gateway
download.untangle.com