[BALUG-Admin] Fwd: No Cost to Attend - Register Today for CommunityOne 2008!

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Apr 14 13:00:52 PDT 2008

Quoting jim (jim@well.com):

>    this is Sun-sponsored, Open-Solaris oriented, yes?
> if so, seems not Linux-oriented and therefore not
> appropriate for LUG announcements.
>    the Open-Solaris guy at LugRadio admitted that O-S
> is going head to head against Linux for backroom
> server space ("the desktop is too much Ubuntu's for
> us to try to compete there").

This particular marketing firm seems to be simply hitting up everyone it
can find.  I got copies via a couple of avenues including involvement
with the local FreeBSD group.