[BALUG-Admin] Chris Dibona @ BALUG (8/19)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 13 11:53:11 PDT 2008

[Snipping Peter from distribution, again.]

Quoting 'Peter Hessler' (phessler@theapt.org):

> All BALUG events, and Linux centric events in general.

Yep, just as I thought.

We cherish our BSD cousins, and admire their many fine qualities, but
it's well to remember that -- in the main -- they're pretty lastingly
cranky about Linux.  And the OpenBSD sub-clan are (in general) the
crankiest of the cranky.

Popcorn-worthy 2001 public fight between Daniel J. Bernstein on the one
hand, and OpenBSD's Theo de Raadt and entourage on the other:
http://linuxmafia.com/pub/humour/dan-versus-theo
Quality entertainment.

(In mid-fight, DJB posted a link to his page on qmail's then-current
non-licensing that in passing calls me names, which indirectly caused
about a dozen core OpenBSD CVS-committers to read my qmail/djbdns
licence critique and send me fan-mail:  "Hi, we're idiots, too."
A nice bonus.)