[BALUG-Admin] Meeting with the Small Business Administration !!

Andrew Fife afife@untangle.com
Mon Jun 9 13:49:37 PDT 2008

Copying "balug-admin" in on this message.

It doesn't look like this event has any Linux or F/OSS content so I would
not be in favor of BALUG announcing or endorsing the event.

--
Andrew Fife
Untangle - The Open Source Network Gateway
www.untangle.com/download

650.425.3327 desk
415.806.6028 cell
-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Parrillo [mailto:dparrillo@strategi.biz]
Sent: Monday, June 09, 2008 1:39 PM
To: 'jim stockford'
Cc: nbs@sonic.net; webmaster@lugod.org; rsvp@balug.org
Subject: Meeting with the Small Business Administration !!

Jim;

I'm hosting a meeting with recruiters and the Small Business
Administration
(www.sba.org) for next Tuesday - June 17th.

Evite URL: http://www.evite.com/app/publicUrl/CWWBHDBITKJETMBMOIQE/sba

I would like for you to attend this meeting - so that we can chat about
perhaps having a similar meeting with the Linux LUG Heads in about 30-60
days.  Folks can learn about getting small business loans - and actually
talk with a lender (no matter what the credit score) - and could be
instrumental in helping some folks out !!!

I know that the BALUG meeting is the 3rd Tuesday of the month -any chance
we could join these two meetings together... Or have one on the first
floor - the other event on the 2nd... Having both groups meet up with the
SBA before head... (just a thought !)

This can be VERY helpful information to independent contractors - and
people who might to entertain starting a small business - providing Linux
tech support, sales, etc.

Give me a call = and we can discuss.

I am also DESPERATELY trying to find a candidate for this SENIOR LINUX
SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR (see job description)...  Any attention to you can
get this position - would certainly be GREATLY APPRECIATED !!

Hope to see you at this SBA meeting - and lets start making plans for one
with the SBA and the local Linux Groups - sometime in the VERY near
future.

It's all about "community!" - especially during these very difficult
economic times. !!

Keep in touch - and I'll do the same.
Danny!

Daniel Parrillo
President / Sr. Technical Recruiter / Staffing Manager Strategi LLC Phone
#: 415-695-1600
E-mail: dparrillo@strategi.biz

LinkedIn Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/thehonestrecruiter

Electronic Privacy Notice. The information contained in this email message
may be privileged, confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If you
are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, or
copying is strictly prohibited.  If you think that you have received this
email message in error, please email the sender at: dparrillo@strategi.biz