[BALUG-Admin] (forw) Re: [smofs] Hosting Recommendations

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Jun 15 19:27:00 PDT 2008

Passing this comment back.  I vaguely recall that whichever kind soul is
underwriting the hosting of BALUG's presence at Dreamhost (Michael
Hubbard?) claimed that it's not possible to configure acceptance of mail
at the RFC-mandated postmaster@balug.org and abuse@balug.org mailboxes,
and delivery to somewhere useful.[1]

Dave Anderson (below) claims that this is not the case, that the
Dreamhost customer merely needs to configure that functionality, to make
it happen.

It would be greatly to BALUG's advantage, were that to be done.  (Hint,
hint.)

Thanks in advance.  ;->

[1] And yes, I'd be fine with that mail getting directed to
rick@linuxmafia.com, if that's deemed desirable.  Just let me know, if
so.

----- Forwarded message from Dave Anderson <dave@daveanderson.com> -----