[BALUG-Admin] [BALUG-Talk] RSV #'s - Re: [BALUG-Announce] BALUG: Tu 2009-01-20 Kyle Rankin on Where'd my files go?

Wed Jan 21 01:05:29 PST 2009

Quoting john_re <john_re@fastmail.us>:

> How many have RSV'd so far?  Based on past #'s, what's a current
> estimate for attendance for this meeting?  Do you think it will make the
> #'s for the upper room?

For RSVPs before the meeting, and adding speaker and Andrew Fife, I
came up with a total of 26.

I think our actual total worked out to be right around 23 - inclucing a
few folks that weren't joining us for dinner.

I estimate we had about 23 ('tis often easier to estimate past, than
future, eh?).

And no, ... "magic" number to pretty much assure we'll have dinner in the
"upper room" (3rd floor banquet room) is 40 - so we ate "downstairs"
(2nd floor main dining room), and went upstairs for the talk/presentation.

We may have had a somewhat lower turnout than we otherwise might have had,
due mainly to:
A) first weekday after 3-day weekend (at least for many folks)
B) post-inauguration parties, etc. (I got on BART around 11:00 P.M., and
there were still many folks quite obviously returning from
post-inauguration parties/celebrations).