[BALUG-Admin] [BALUG-Announce] TOMORROW!: BALUG: Tu 2009-03-17 Jordan Gray (STARPAUSE) talk/demo on DJing and Music Composition on Linux

Andrew Fife AFife@untangle.com
Mon Mar 16 14:07:14 PDT 2009

Hi rickd:

[removing rsvp@balug.org<mailto:rsvp@balug.org> and including balug-admin@lists.balug.org<mailto:balug-admin@lists.balug.org>]

Sorry for the difficulty that you are having unsubscribing.  You should be able to unscubscribe from the following page:

You will also need to respond to the auto-confirmation email that is sent to all unsubscribe events in order to be removed from the list.

I hope this is helpful.

-Andrew

--
Andrew Fife
Untangle

650.425.3327 desk
415.806.6028 cell

I have tried to unsubscribe to this list, it doesn't work, how can I get off of this list?

Thanks,
rickd

BALUG: Tu 2009-03-17 Jordan Gray (STARPAUSE) talk/demo on DJing and

Music Composition on Linux

Bay Area Linux User Group (BALUG)

Tuesday 6:30 P.M. 2009-03-17

Tu 2009-03-17 Jordan Gray (STARPAUSE) talk/demo on DJing and

 Music

Composition on Linux

Have you ever wanted to learn beat-mixing or electronic music

composition?  Want to get started with software that's completely free

and community-based?  Join us for an evening with STARPAUSE (a.k.a.

Jordan Gray), chiptune producer and founder of the Mp3Death[1] (Creative

Commons) netaudio label.  Jordan will cover the basics of DJing and

introduce you to the free open-source MIXXX[2] digital DJ software. Then

we'll move on to tracker-based music composition using

LittleGPTracker[3], which Jordan will demonstrate both on laptop and the

Game Park handheld. LittleGPTracker is free and designed especially for

8-bit (GameBoy-style) music.  Both software run on the free Linux

operating system (Mac and Windows also available).

1. http://mp3death.us/

2. http://www.mixxx.org/

3. http://littlegptracker.com/

So, if you'd like to join us please RSVP:

 rsvp@balug.org

**Why RSVP??**

Well, don't worry we won't turn you away, but the RSVPs really help the

Four Seas Restaurant plan the meal and they ensure that we're able to

eat upstairs in the private banquet room.

Meeting Details...

      6:30pm

      Tuesday, March 17th, 2009 2009-03-17

      Four Seas Restaurant

      731 Grant Ave.

      San Francisco, CA 94108

      Easy $5 PARKING:  Portsmouth Square Garage at 733 Kearny

Cost: The meetings are always free, but dinner is $13

http://www.balug.org/