[BALUG-Admin] let's get (at least that first) BALUG host moved - evening of 2009-09-28?

Wed Sep 9 22:48:28 PDT 2009

How about the evening of 2009-09-28 for at least that BALUG host move?
We can work out timing details between now and then,
and what we are/aren't going to do at that time.

Should also allow me(/us) sufficient time for planning, any needed
pre-move backups, etc.

Just to clarify, BALUG uses several systems (with different bits of
interdependency) ... theoretically we get to a quite redundant
infrastructure at some point - but we're definitely not there yet.

Various BALUG systems (in whole, shared, and/or virtual):

DNS: David Sifry

Dreamhost hosted services (BALUG: active and legacy production)

Jim's tower (sf-lug.com - shared with BALUG) (BALUG: active production
but no realtime production dependencies)

Silicon Mechanics (donated to SF-LUG, shared (Xen VM) by BALUG) (BALUG:
some production but no realtime production dependencies)

Untangle VM - BALUG VM is MIA as of about a month ago (I need to
follow-up with Untangle on that) - BALUG: no realtime production
dependencies currently