[BALUG-Admin] Subject: BALUG list(s) unsubscribe

Thu Sep 11 00:15:40 PDT 2014

Andrew,

Cool, thanks for the tip.

I'll review and consider (hope you don't mind I also post this reply
to our "admin" list), and may update/add/tweak on what we've presently
got in the footer bits.

Key issue/problem, is that most of these folks that hit reply and
ask/demand we unsubscribe them, don't bother to read (or remember or note)
the instructions/information when they subscribe, don't pay attention
to the (by default) monthly reminders the list automatically sends them,
and can't be bothered to read (or comprehend) footers.  In any case,
when I get some time, I'll compare and review what we've presently got
in the footers, and see if it may be worth changing/adding/updating.

And can't really put it up higher (e.g. top) of the email - as that would
further annoy/inconvenience the 99.9%* who are perfectly competent and
capable of managing their list subscribe/unsubscribe status - to
accommodate the 0.1%* that can't be bothered to read and follow basic
instructions and documentation.

And good to hear from you! ... been quite a while.  I'm well, hope
you're well too!

references/excerpts (and partially REDACTED):
*http://lists.balug.org/pipermail/balug-admin-balug.org/2014-September/001507.html