[BALUG-Admin] Why_ should ns1.linuxmafia.com be doing secondary nameservice (for balug.org.), given that you aren't including it in the authoritative list?

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 25 21:55:43 PDT 2016

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> Your option on balug.org., to be or not be slave at this time.
> I explained the situation earlier.  Notably it's part of migration
> strategy off of DreamHost.Com. - but we're not there yet (still have
> to get the dang lists migrated).  See the earlier explanation again
> here (now for the 3rd time ;-)) ... note particularly the bit that
> starts with "If you'd prefer, for balug.org, could also" ...

OK, thanks.

What I failed to do before was add a note about that to the
named.conf.local entry.  I've now fixed that omission.  Thank you for
your indulgence.

(There's been a heck of a lot going on, and I evidently failed to read
those couple'a paragraphs in your explanation on Aug. 22nd.)