[BALUG-Admin] BALUG lists ... mailman list(?!), ...

Tue Aug 15 06:27:53 PDT 2017

So, I made some tweaks to the Mailman list itself, notably including:
o I actually subscribed myself to it.  8-O - thus far it hadn't received
   any emails yet anyway (possibly excepting stuff that didn't make it
   through the spam filters)
o I set it so non-member posts are by default approved
o I set it so subscriptions require approval (but not confirmation)
o set default on password reminders to disabled (if it wasn't already so)
o archives: disabled and private
o set the timeout on items held in queue to 5 days
o disabled ability to subscribe in digested form
o emptied out the footer added on the end of non-digest emails sent

I have also checked that it now works.

Since I earlier set it to "advertised" No:
"Advertise this list when people ask what lists are on this machine?"  No
I think the only place it shows up is the
Overview of all temp.balug.org mailing lists
web page ... but nevertheless it is included there (and Mailman has to
have a list for that general functionality - and by default and convention
that list name is Mailman), so, it ought work reasonably for the intended
purpose.