[BALUG-Admin] "automatically" subscribe to BALUG-Announce if ... - various descriptive updates, etc.

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Thu Aug 17 04:17:56 PDT 2017

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> To cover it yet a bit more fully :-) ... could also tweak the text
> in the confirmation email, and on the confirmation web page.  That'd
> cover it yet more fully.  And yes, some folks will still be idiots,
> and not read what they're doing or agreeing to.
>
> Likewise could also add the information to the BALUG-Announce
> unsubscribe information.

Which would not actually address the fundamental problem.

> Nearly 10 years the policy has been in place, over 800 subscribers,
> and thus far hasn't been an issue.

Well, I wish BALUG continued good luck.

Me, I'd not feel ethically right, doing that.