[BALUG-Admin] "automatically" subscribe to BALUG-Announce if ... - various descriptive updates, etc.

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Wed Aug 16 10:45:02 PDT 2017

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> Basic idea is if one is subscribed to BALUG-Talk and/or BALUG-Admin,
> but not BALUG-Announce, one gets subscribed to BALUG-announce ...
> but there's also an exception process if one really doesn't want that.

I continue to think this is a blunder.

Autosubscribing people to mailing lists is going to get BALUG in
trouble, one day.  It[1] is widely considered an egregious violation of
netiquette and gets domains on DNS blocklists.

[1] 'It' meaning subscribing anyone to an MLM without the standard
three-way confirmation process or close equivalent.