[BALUG-Admin] Status/tracking - DreamHost.com exodus (not there yet, but getting closer yet! :-)

Fri Aug 18 08:31:14 PDT 2017

Getting closer!  :-)  Can see the light at the end of the tunnel,
and it's *not* and oncoming train!  :-)
latest (high-level) update bits/status here:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:dreamhost_exodus

And yes, did add SPF on list of things to be done/checked:
https://www.wiki.balug.org/wiki/doku.php?id=balug:mail_and_lists

What mostly remains is:
o set up (to be) @balug.org email infrastructure (not too huge a task,
   since most of the MTA and anti-spam infrastructure is already in
   place on that target host)
o get raw mbox list archvies from DreamHost.com (hopefully that takes
   a few working days or less)
o some updates and notifications, and do the big DNS changes to get off
   of DreamHost.com (then we're actually free of DreamHost.com)
o various follow-through items

Random: we have over 500 users in ye olde PhpNuke database (hopefully
eventually restore that old content to a set of static archived pages;
nowadays, much more feasible to work out the kinks to crawl/extract
that content, after first setting it up on some small virtual machine
just for that purpose).