[BALUG-Admin] Status/tracking - DreamHost.com exodus (not there yet, but getting closer yet! :-)

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Aug 27 21:57:46 PDT 2017

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> Also, most of the @balug.org infrastructure is in place and about ready
> to go ... I just need to tweak MTA (exim4) config very slightly at the
> time of DNS switchover - but it's been fairly well tested thus far.

The antispam's the difficult bit, so props to you for working through
that.

> I'll likely put some more details up later
> about that ... more notably after I've tested further, and see how
> much I'm able to feasibly improve it without having to spend too
> much time mucking about with it).

I'd really love to use your work as the basis for a 'how to construct a
modern MTA/MLM server on Debian w/Exim, Mailman, sa-exim, and EximConfig
+ various tweaks' HOWTO / recipe.  For one thing, I might have use for
it soon.

I mean yes, I've done all of that before, but always in a hurry without
keeping meticulous notes.