[BALUG-Admin] DreamHost.com - yes, others (besides BALUG) also notice issues, ...

Sat Jul 8 20:27:16 PDT 2017

Nice catch.  :-)
When I read over the item - in HTML on web page,
in the context, I was expecting rather to quite
competent code ... so my brain autocorrected
what I read to what I'd expect, rather than
what it actually was (competent code slightly
broken by HTML conversion).

On the other hand, when I'm much more skeptical of
the code, I'm much more likely to notice errors
(or encoding mess ups, etc.) ... in fact I'll
often, in such cases where it's not already in
text/script file, copy & paste or otherwise
copy into file ... or often just into editor
(vi(1), or more precisely nvi(1), of course)
buffer, and have a look at it there ... and things
like that tend to then quite jump out at me (like
Microsoft automangling of code that introduces
non-ASCII bytes and other issues).

Hope Cabal is going well - I was seriously tempted -
it's been a while - but rather long trek via public
transportation from Berkeley ... and besides, I'm
still working on BALUG list migration bits ... more
on that soon.