[BALUG-Admin] List migrations and preserving options as feasible - another approach ... WWW::Mechanize to load!

Sun Jul 30 12:35:25 PDT 2017

And yes, tested, for the target Mailman,
list admin can alter the relevant member's options just fine via
the web GUI ... so ...

Have what should be sure-fire method now
(and eliminates unknown bit about how long it would take for me to
figure out method via Python pickle (.pck) or similar CLI interface
method) - and it will also include verification.

So, with that, I'm guestimating I'll likely do the first *for real*
list migration sometime today or tomorrow (after writing additional
relevant code, and quite full testing, etc.).

Don't think I'll have all the lists migrated by end-of-month (I
think that was somewhat earlier target timeline), but I'm thinking
all the lists would be migrated* within 5 to 10 days from now.

*well, will take a bit longer to get mbox archives from DreamHost.com -
presuming we can get 'em to cough 'em up.

Some other fairly smallish and relatively easy bits to cover after that
to fully extricate ourselves from DreamHost.com ... but getting
rather close now.  Can almost taste it.  :-)  Yes, freedom is good!