[BALUG-Admin] List migrations and preserving options as feasible - another approach ... WWW::Mechanize to load!

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Sun Jul 30 19:23:02 PDT 2017

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> So, with that, I'm guestimating I'll likely do the first *for real*
> list migration sometime today or tomorrow (after writing additional
> relevant code, and quite full testing, etc.).
>
> Don't think I'll have all the lists migrated by end-of-month (I
> think that was somewhat earlier target timeline), but I'm thinking
> all the lists would be migrated* within 5 to 10 days from now.

You should be told:  My wife and I are flying on Sunday, Aug. 6th via
Copenhagen to Stockholm, then taking a ferry to Helsinki, being there
for Worldcon 75, and then taking a slightly different route back to
arrive home Tuesday, August 15th.

I will have my computer with me, but may have intermittent access to
bandwidth in the usual way of such things, and also during Worldcon 75
will be primarily busy with Worldcon 75.

That having been said, you may not actually need my real-time or
short-deadline participation in anything at all, given that IIRC I
already have secondary DNS set up and usable the moment the master
starts feeding it and the secondary DNS is made authoritative.