[BALUG-Admin] (forw) Your new balug-admin-balug.org list password

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Mar 28 11:58:40 PDT 2017

Hello, Michael Paoli and the 38 other members of this 40-subscriber
mailing list.

As listadmin, I've just received one of these for each of the three
BALUG mailing lists.  Am guessing Dreamhost did a password reset to
comply with a trouble ticket from Michael Hubbard, their customer (last
I heard) for shared-hosting of balug.org.

Reviewing facts I doubtless once knew but forgot again ;-> , I see
Michael Paoli is currently owner ('Regisrant') of domain balug.org.
(Any time you want to make DNS revisions, I stand ready to help.)

So:  I've just changed the listadmin passwords for balug-admin,
balug-talk, and balug-announce from the temporary password redacted
below to one that is not guessable but still reasonable to type -- same
password for all three.

Michael P., please call me to get the new password.[1]

We should review policy and procedures.  Is there a third core BALUG
person who should hold the listadmin password?  Three is better
redundancy than two, and I've found works well enough.

Also, are there people beyond just me who're willing to receive Mailman
notices of held messages and (potentially) other automated
administrative notices?  Currently, it's just me.

[1] If you're not Michael P. but can believably impersonate him on the
telephone, please don't call me to get the new password.  ;->

----- Forwarded message from mailman@listserver-grail.dreamhost.com -----