[BALUG-Admin] (forw) Your new balug-admin-balug.org list password

Wed Mar 29 05:17:30 PDT 2017

Rick,

Might be a bit late/early for calling now 8-O
But maybe I didn't miss the mark by *too* much ;-)
mpaoli@linuxmafia:~$ date; hostname; who -Hu | cut -c-9,36-40 | awk
'{if(($2 ~
/^IDLE/)||(($2!~/^old$/)&&($1!~/^mpaoli$/)&&($2~!/^(0[2-9]|[1-9])/)))print;}'
Wed Mar 29 04:19:09 PDT 2017
linuxmafia.com
NAME     IDLE
rick     01:59
mpaoli@linuxmafia:~$
But still, rather late/early to be ringing the phone.

Rick, if you wish, you could alternatively drop the
password in this file:
$ hostname; ls -ld ~/.auth.info
linuxmafia.com
-rw------- 1 mpaoli mpaoli 0 Mar 29 04:05 /home/mpaoli/.auth.info
$
Optionally first encrypting it to one of these keys:
pub   4096R/430AF5E7 2012-05-09
       Key fingerprint = 1064 5351 F62D 42C3 89A2  99A9 AACC AC21 430A F5E7
uid                  Michael Paoli <Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu>
uid                  Michael Paoli
sub   4096R/E89EA70B 2012-05-09

or:

pub   4096R/878BD8C0 2015-02-02
       Key fingerprint = 960C 4BE6 4873 7D42 87DC  188F E8A5 5E60 878B D8C0
uid                  San Francisco Linux Users' Group (SF-LUG)
<postmaster@sf-lug.org>
sub   4096R/2830B82F 2015-02-02
(the latter of those keys is also still used daily by:
$ hostname && ls -ld /etc/cron.daily/sf-lug-roster
linuxmafia.com
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 654 Feb  2  2015 /etc/cron.daily/sf-lug-roster
$
)

And shoot me (or this list) an email once you've done so, and I can
snag the password data from there (and decrypt it if so encrypted)
and once verified (and making encrypted backups of it) I can
remove the file you dropped it in and let you know I've successfully
obtained and validated it.

And my first order of business with that will be to get fresh copies of
the roster lists!  Last backups I have of those are presently *many*
months out-of-date.  I generally back 'em up about monthly ... but
haven't been able to do that without working password - so it's been a
while.  8-O

Being able to get roster lists again will also get me one step closer to
migrating lists off of DreamHost.com (still need to get that done).

Or if you prefer, you can call me (at some reasonable hour):
1-510-883-0772 (can leave voicemail if you don't catch me live) - you
may also note that that number is listed on the BALUG.ORG whois data.

Or if you'd still rather I give you a call, let me know, and I'll do so
at some more reasonable hour sometime fairly soon when I get more
reasonable opportunity.

Oh, and much thanks too for all you do regarding the lists and the
Linux community, etc.  Much appreciated.

And thanks too to Michael Hubbard for getting the password reset
and carrying BALUG on his DreamHost.com account.