[BALUG-Admin] postmaster.rfc-clueless.org postmaster@balug.org

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Mon Oct 9 10:18:43 PDT 2017

Quoting Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli@cal.berkeley.edu):

> I think I generally, if not entirely, have callouts (at least SMTP
> callouts) disabled.

I hope you understand that was just an offhand guess.  I really wouldn't
know root cause, but your bit about swap seems entirely likely.

> Delisting?  It, understandably, is an automated process - and did
> submit for delisting.  Nothing's shown up ... yet - not email
> nor reject.  But it's not super clear how quickly those happen - may
> take hour(s) to a day or so.

This is annoyingly typical.

It's not unknown for their checking scripts to simply glitch.

> Also, http://multirbl.valli.org/lookup/balug.org.html
> looks moderately out-of-date.  It shows listing on
> bl.fmb.la - but in checking source - both web and DNS -
> that's already cleared.

How odd.  multirbl.valli.org purports to spawn off real-time checks of
each of the several hundred DNSBLs, or that's my understanding.  Anyway,
glad checking the individual DNSBL found no listing.