[balug-announce] BayLISA Monitoring SIG this Wednesday, Nov 8, 7PM

Peter Mui pmui@groundworkopensource.com
Mon Nov 6 10:30:16 PST 2006

Monitoring SIG this month: Monitoring Show-n-Tell & Rant-n-Rave

Based on consensus from last month's phenomenal meeting: come
prepared to discuss your favorite (and not-so-favorite) monitoring-
related tools and talk about what has (and hasn't) worked for you.
Out of this dialogue, we'll assemble an inventory of tools to 1) map
out the monitoring space and 2) compare and contrast tools, with the
goal of creating consensus about the best tools and approaches to
monitoring.  We'll have an LCD projector and wireless available if
you need to show the assembled crowd something from the web or your
laptop.  Bring your questions -- share your experiences!

What: BayLISA Monitoring SIG: The Sequel
Who:  Anyone interested in IT monitoring issues and tools
When:  Wednesday, November 8 2006, 7PM
Where:  GroundWork Open Source, 139 Townsend St., San Francisco
How:  139 Townsend St. is very near AT&T Park. It is two blocks from
the CalTrain Depot.  Take the MUNI N trolley "inbound" to 2nd and
King (ballpark stop) or take the 15 or 30 buses crosstown.  Free
evening street parking can usually be found.

Food (pizza again) and drinks (pop again) will be provided by
GroundWork.  We'll open up the doors at 6:30 or so and start the
formal part of the meeting promptly at 7PM.

RSVP (not necessary, but helpful): Peter Mui,
pmui@groundworkopensource.com, 415 992 4573