[BALUG-Talk] Thu 6/18: Join me at Sandstorm meetup & learn about app permissions and self-hosted web apps

Asheesh Laroia asheesh@sandstorm.io
Fri Jun 12 15:41:56 PDT 2015

Hi A!

On Fri, Jun 12, 2015 at 1:53 PM, GoOSSBears <acohen36@linuxwaves.com> wrote:

> Re: Thu 6/18: Join me at Sandstorm meetup & learn about app permissions
> and self-hosted web apps
>
> --- asheesh@sandstorm.io wrote:
> >> TL;DR: If you are interested in open source web apps, you
> >> should join me at the Sandstorm meetup next Thursday & learn
> >> about an open source project that makes open source web apps
> >> easier to run and more secure.
> >> RSVP: http://www.meetup.com/Sandstorm-SF-Bay-Area/events/223113702/
> >> (If you can't make it to the event, sign up there to receive
> >> notifications of other events.)
>
> Nice event possibility, although there are possibly one or more persons
> interested in this event who -- for whatever reason(s);
> www.meetup.com/privacy -- will decidedly NOT subscribe to Meetup.com for
> the purposes of RSVP'ing and/or notifications.

I agree. At first glance, there would appear to be some tragic irony in
promoting "self-hosted web apps" via meetup.com. (-:

For what it's worth, Sandstorm is best for document-editor type apps, not
public-facing large-scale services, so at least there's not massive irony
here. But I agree that the Meetup.com privacy policy could be an issue.

If that is an issue for anyone, by all means send me an email, and you'll
be very welcome to attend.

-- Asheesh.