[BALUG-Talk] Books, etc. for... (LUG mtg attendees)

GoOSSBears acohen36@linuxwaves.com
Thu Dec 1 14:31:45 PST 2016

Michael Paoli (Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu) wrote at [1]:
~~~~~~~~~~~~ quoting ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've got multiple titles (including several recently received) to give
away to user groups.  I'll do my more-or-less usual one title per each
user group I typically go to - at least until each user group has had at
least one opportunity to get a title.

I may not schlep all physical titles to all meetings, so depending what
relevant responses I see in email on the applicable user group list(s)
(and emailing me and not to any relevant list doesn't count) before I
head out the door from home directly or indirectly (e.g. via work) to
those meetings, or if I see nothing relevant by then on list for group
I'll be heading to, I'll randomly select ... anyway, based upon
whichever, I'll typically bring at least two physical titles with me
and up to a max of perhaps as many as 4, to each of those meetings.

"Must be present to win" - I'm not going to hold books for people that
don't make it to meetings - especially while denying said book(s) to
those that do make it to meetings - so don't ask.  So, if you want to
get hold of one of these titles, from me, you need to actually make it
to a meeting.

Details, more information, etc., see:[2]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Am wondering HOW MANY copies are still available of each of
the titles listed there[2] ??
E.g., only ONE copy of all book titles (n=1), title(s) of
ONE copy available + title(s) of TWO or more copies available
(n=1 + n=2 ...),  even multiple copies of ALL titles ??

Am particularly interested in Wicked Cool Shell Scripts, 2nd Edition,
but I see from [3] that someone is already keenly interested in this
title for the Thursday 2016-12-01 mtg of that group.
Any chance that a SECOND copy of this very title is available for
another "user group [you] typically go to", e.g., BALUG ??
Doesn't hurt to ask...

TY,
-A

Refs: