[BALUG-Talk] Recommendations for email resender/"forwarder"? (infrastructure: Debian oldstable amd64, MTA exim4)

Sat Aug 12 08:40:57 PDT 2017

Yeah, ... trying to find as reasonably simple to implement as feasible
solution, that, within reason, will give something hopefully at least
less broken than the current situation.

What almost looks somewhat promising, -f option to exim4 (relatively
similar to sendmail) ... "
        -f <address>
                  Allowing  untrusted  users  to change the sender address does
                  not of itself make it possible to send anonymous  mail.  Exim
                  still  checks that the From: header refers to the local user,
                  and if it does not, it adds a Sender: header
" ... but that may possibly cause other breakage ... e.g. DKIM, etc.?
Might be other ways to process, munge, and resend/reinject the email,
perhaps with less (to zero?) breakage ... but I'm still hoping for
as simple as feasible.  :-)