[BALUG-Talk] Recommendations for email resender/"forwarder"? (infrastructure: Debian oldstable amd64, MTA exim4)

Glen Martin glen@glen-martin.com
Sat Aug 12 17:14:23 PDT 2017

MLMs can achieve this, imperfectly, and are overkill. But they're not
magic, they just screw with the headers so downstream can't detect the
envelope or body changes.

Have you tried to use the pipe syntax of aliases, eg
     don@linuxmafia.org: | /usr/sbin/DKIMstripper-sendmail.sh
            donmarti@whereever.com
            // I just made this up, don't shoot me
to forward via a munging script that:
- removes any header containing DKIM (including some non-standard
workalikes such as X-Google-DKIM-Signature)
- possibly remove other provenance headers (eg I'm suspicious of
X-Gm-Message-State) that could allow a downstream who is also upstream
to wonder where their headers went
- forwards whats left on to sendmail

HTH

glen