[BALUG-Talk] LXDE volume control missing from panel

Christian Einfeldt einfeldt@gmail.com
Sat Jul 8 20:02:36 PDT 2017

Hi,

I am volunteering to help a low-income shelter in San Francisco.  I have
donated Lubuntu computers, but the volume control is not appearing on one
of the machines.  I followed the instructions on line by doing this:

   - Right click on the panel
   - choose Add/Remove Panel Items
   - The Panel Window appears:

​
You will note that Volume Control already is listed on the list of
"Currently loaded plugins", but the volume control does not appear on the
panel.  Here is a shot of my panel:

I have tried clicking on the "add" button on the right of the Panel
Preferences window above, but doing so only puts another instance of
"Volume Control" under the list of "Currently loaded plugins" but the icon
does not appear in the panel.

Thanks in advance for trying to help!

--
Christian Einfeldt