[BALUG-Talk] LXDE volume control missing from panel

Sun Jul 9 08:59:03 PDT 2017

Yeah, when I at first read that "volume control",
I thought volume as in Logical Volume Manager (LVM),
and was thinkin' wow, how cool that they give you
an LVM control right there ... at least if it
worked.  Yeah, ... I'm a nerd.  8-O

Of course *after* that, I then think that's *probably*
not what's being referred to ... and it's sound/audio
volume control.

So ... might be some hints in /var/log and/or within
the user's HOME directory.  So, may be useful to
create a time reference mark file, attempt the change
again, and then see what bits where newly created/modified.
E.g.:
# $tmpfile=`mktemp`
[attempt volume panel fix again]
# find /var/log ~user -type f -newer $tmpfile -print | sort
And have a look over the files that show up - particularly any that
may any type of log or error file.