[BALUG-Talk] BALUG: June meeting: DC/OS; May meeting (perhaps) general discussion with topic: Security for Developers from a Sysadmin Perspective

Sun May 6 15:04:46 PDT 2018

More to be on web site soon, and then announcements ...

We've recently confirmed Elizabeth Krumbach Joseph for 2018-06-19:
the open source version: DC/OS (the datacenter operating system)
description and "slides" from earlier similar:
http://lists.netisland.net/archives/plug/plug-2017-08/msg00038.html
https://princessleia.com/presentations/2017/Introduction_to_DCOS_PLUG_West_Aug_2017.pdf

And this month - 2018-05-15 - don't have a speaker/presentation
lined up or confirmed, but I was thinking possibly, if we don't come up
with something else soon, perhaps discussion topic:
Security for Developers from a Sysadmin Perspective (notably
including: least privilege, permissions, users/groups,
isolation/containment, architecture, trust relationships, etc.)
... or how to tell developers & architects to plan/do accordingly to avoid
security pitfalls (other than the typical code booboos and weaknesses that
they're often relatively well aware of ... thinking more the "everything
else" - notably in the context of Linux - that they often don't think quite
as much about but ought more fully consider and be aware of).