[BALUG-Talk] Thoughts on home brew routers?

David Rosenstrauch darose@darose.net
Mon Jun 22 21:37:09 UTC 2020

On 6/22/20 5:10 PM, Charles Hathaway wrote:
> I'm looking into replacing my Verizon Fios router with one I can manage
> (configure DNS black hole, possibly setup a VPN connection, etc. etc.),
> but I'm hitting an overwhelming number of options, so I'm wondering what
> everyone else is doing.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I have a router that
lets me run the open source dd-wrt firmware on it.  (I use the Netgear
R7000P, but there's many others.)  dd-wrt is Linux based, and so
probably provides most of the capabilities you mentioned.

HTH,

DR