[BALUG-Talk] Thoughts on home brew routers?

Charles Hathaway chathaway@logrit.com
Tue Jun 23 01:16:05 UTC 2020

Hey David,

Thanks for the hint! This <https://openwrt.org/> is what you're talking
about, right? Do those routers have enough beef to do anything in
addition to the routing though? My assumption was that they would be
fairly resource constrained (i.e., CPU's in the Mhz and RAM in the MB);
I wouldn't be surprised if SSH didn't work because of how constrained
they were. Glad to be proven wrong.

Charles

--
Charles Hathaway, PhD
Phone: +1 (518) 817-8024

charles@mcom:~$ fortune -s computers
Over the shoulder supervision is more a need of the manager than the
programming task.