[BALUG-Talk] Thoughts on home brew routers?

David Rosenstrauch darose@darose.net
Tue Jun 23 14:17:09 UTC 2020

On 6/22/20 9:16 PM, Charles Hathaway wrote:
> Hey David,
>
> Thanks for the hint! This <https://openwrt.org/> is what you're talking
> about, right? Do those routers have enough beef to do anything in
> addition to the routing though? My assumption was that they would be
> fairly resource constrained (i.e., CPU's in the Mhz and RAM in the MB);
> I wouldn't be surprised if SSH didn't work because of how constrained
> they were. Glad to be proven wrong.
>
> Charles

I was talking about this:  https://dd-wrt.com/  IIRC, OpenWRT is a fork
of that.

AFA specs/power on that router, I don't know off the top of my head.
I'm sure you could find out that info by a search and/or on the Netgear
website.  https://lmgtfy.com/?q=netgear+r7000p+specs

DR