[Balug-admin] BALUG presentation(s)/speakers (2005-05-17 - LVM?)

Michael Paoli mp@rawbw.com
Fri Mar 25 17:05:42 PST 2005

Well, I could potentially do it at a later date, but why don't you
pencil me in for a presentation on LVM at the 2005-05-17 BALUG meeting,
if we don't have or come up with something we'd prefer to do or have
presented at that meeting.  I'd likely be able to confirm for the
2005-05-17 BALUG meeting by the end of the 2005-04-19 BALUG meeting.

I've got laptop, and would need whatever we might need available to
have it hooked up to the media/video projector.  I'd also want to test
the hook-up at least once prior to presentation (perhaps a brief
check-out at the 2005-04-19 BALUG meeting).  I'd want to well match
video output to native or optimal capabilities of the media/video
projector - otherwise the video quality tends to suffer significantly
(most projectors typically scale up or down in such cases, but the
output is much less crisp / more fuzzy in such circumstances).  So far
I've spent very little time with my laptop driving any external video
(less than 90 minutes total to date), so again, reasons to do a bit of
testing of that ahead of time (make sure the video output will work as
I expect, and optimize for media/video projector resolution - and know
what optimal resolution to design for before I put together the visuals
for such a presentation).

Anyway, LVM - Logical Volume Manager - I've been using various forms of
logical volume managers for about 9 years now, LINUX for almost 7 years
now, and LVM on LINUX quite extensively for almost 2 years now.
Presentation-wise I could give a fair introduction to LINUX's LVM,
including presentation materials and live demo.