[Balug-admin] Re: [Balug-announce] --> Talk ... etc.

Rick Moen rick@linuxmafia.com
Tue Sep 20 18:31:47 PDT 2005

Quoting myself, answering Michael Paoli (mp@rawbw.com):

> Er, I have a vague recollection of having gotten the listadmin password,
> but cannot find it in my 3DES password record.  If I correctly remember
> that, could someone lob me the password encrypted with my public gpg
> password (available on keyservers or from my Web page)?
>
> I'd be glad to implement your two suggestions.

Thanks to some off-list help, I've now gotten the listadmin password and
implemented those two suggestions:

o  balug-announce-balug.org is now moderated.
o  balug-admin-balug.org is now publicly archived.

The "moderated" status required (1) Setting a per-list flag so that all _new_
subscribers will default to having the "moderated" flag on their
accounts.  Persons who have that flag and post to the mailing list will
have their postings autoheld for listadmin approval or rejection.  (2)
I then set the "moderated" flag for all _existing_ subscribers, too.
(3)  Just now, I'm going through the subscriber roster (twenty or so
screens of them), trying to identify and un-flag the exceptions:  These
will be the small number of posting addresses whose postings should
_not_ be held for scrutiny, because they're the people we expect to post
announcements.

I have:

aftyde balug.org
david sifry.com
larryp inow.com
michael offroadgeek.com
mp rawbw.com
sifry aptltd.com

Addresses above minimally munged for anti-spam purposes, even though I
don't believe in that nonsense -- because other people often do.

Apologies if I missed anyone:  I had, in general, only e-mail addresses
to recognise people by, and not names.