[balug-admin] Debian@BALUG, announcement "soon", etc.

Wed Aug 9 09:24:35 PDT 2006

I'll probably draft item for the BALUG "announce" list roughly fairly to quite
late today, with aim to get out "final" version on the "announce" list
not later than sometime Thursday.

Fair bit to get out on the announcement, and a bit (title/description
for talk/presentation for the Aug. meeting) which is sitll getting a bit
more solidified before the annoucement goes out.

Anyway, I'll probably include these things in the announcement - let
me know if there's other stuff/areas I should add:

BALUG Aug. meeting details

LinuxWorld (some details about free expo. registration available and
such, perhaps a wee bit about some "exhibitor(s)" and/or BoFs (probably
mostly terse reference and link to more details) ... there was BoF that
was mentioned earlier - I'll probably include short coverage of that.
If it's Wed., there's no conflict with BALUG, but Tu. BoFs have an issue
with timing (BALUG starts at 7:00 P.M., which is when BoFs are scheduled
to end on Tu., and it takes more than zero time to get between the two).
Anyway, I'll be sure to point out that folks going to any Tu. BoF that want
to make the BALUG meeting should "escape" their BoF around 6:40 P.M. to
make it to BALUG on time (BoFs are sufficiently informal, it's not difficult
for people to duck out early if they need or want to ... folks sometimes also
hop among BoFs).

BALUG Sept. and Oct. meeting dates, and details for talk/presentation
at the Oct. meeting (I believe Sept. is still open/unconfirmed - any changes
to that yet?)